Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Canon Scoopic 16M

  1. #1
    Super8Guy
    Guest Super8Guy's Avatar

    Post

    Canon Scoopic 16M
    | http://www.Super8Guy.com/16Cameras/CanonScoopic.html |

    ------------------
    Super8Guy
    JOHN LONGENECKER
    http://JL-Site.com/Super8/DirectoryII.html

  2. #2
    Super8Guy
    Guest Super8Guy's Avatar

    Post

    Canon Scoopic 16M and
    Canon Scoopic 16MS
    are really great cameras.
    | http://www.Super8Guy.com/16Cameras/CanonScoopic.html |

    Just about 80% of whatever
    you'd like to shoot in 16mm
    you can do with a Canon Scoopic 16M or
    Canon Scoopic 16MS

    The Canon Scoopic 16 MS
    has a slide behind the lens to insert filters.
    That's pretty neat because an ND Filter behind the lens
    does not cut down the light you see in the viewfinder.

    UT Photo
    In Burbank CA can repair and service
    Canon Scoopic 16M and 16MS cameras.

    Ask for Ron: 818 556-6056
    He can also service and repair
    some Canon Super 8 film cameras

    The standard Canon battery packs
    are simple, and as you know, can
    be refurbished with new NiCad
    or Metal Hydride Batteries.

    I think the camera runs on 12 volts.

    SCOOPIC 16M LENS
    The standard built in lens is 12.5 to 75mm
    It has the ability for Macro Focus.
    That's where the "M" comes from in Scoopic 16M

    WIDE ANGLE LENS
    There is a Canon Wide Angle
    adapter lens that fits on the
    front of the 12.5 to 75mm lens
    and is focused with the Macro Focus ring.
    I think it about a 9mm wide lens.

    Beaulieu R-16 cameras
    are small and light weight
    when shooing 100 ft.
    The advantage to an R16
    that it can take any
    c-mount lens.

    The Beaulieu R16
    is fine for slow shooting
    like on a stage where you have
    some time to load and unload
    the camera.

    However, for fast shooting,
    the Canon Scoopic 16M and MS
    load real fast through a
    loading loop.

    As I see it, a Canon Scoopic 16M
    or MS is faster to load than a
    Bolex.

    Arri 16S
    Well, an Arri 16S and
    and Arri BL both have a
    registration pin. That
    registration pin does provide
    a very steady image.

    Here is a page on
    16mm Cameras:
    | http://JL-Site.com/16Cameras/Directory.html |

    Canon Scoopic 16M
    |http://www.Super8Guy.com/16Cameras/CanonScoopic.html |

    Just to keep this still about
    Super 8 -- there is a link to
    several pages on various Super 8
    film cameras on this page.

    Go down to Cameras alphabetically
    for a list:
    http://www.Super8mmDirectory.com/Sup...rectoryII.html |




    ------------------
    Super8Guy
    JOHN LONGENECKER
    http://JL-Site.com/Super8/DirectoryII.html

  3. #3
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Super8Guy:
    [B]UT Photo In Burbank CA can repair and service Canon Scoopic 16M and 16MS cameras.

    (Matt Pacini responds):
    John, are you sure about this Ron guy? I talked to him, and he kept calling it a "Scopic" pronounced like "telescope", so I assumed he knew little about the camera. (The main discussion was about my Nizo 6080).

    John:
    WIDE ANGLE LENS
    There is a Canon Wide Angle adapter lens that fits on the front of the 12.5 to 75mm lens and is focused with the Macro Focus ring. I think it about a 9mm wide lens.

    (Matt Pacini responds):
    Wow, were can I get one?
    The only Scoopic wide angle adapter I've seen is the Century.
    I didn't know Canon made one.
    How is it marked, and/or what is it usually called, so I can keep my eye on ebay?

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    P.S.
    The other difference between the M & MS model, is the MS model can take the 400ft magazine adapter.

    (Boy, I wish my M did this, I'd be really happy!)

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  5. #5
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    Matt,
    I have seen people adapt the Scoopic M to use the 400'mag..it was done by the owners..BTW..I don't know were you get your film from..but The film emporium in NY sells the Kodak 100' daylight loads for $28.00(all speeds).that's who we use
    www.thefilmemporium.com

    John nice to see you posting(and I might add..probably the only poster to have won an oscar..that's right.. I am jelous smile

    Neil

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for the tip, Jocko.
    I ordered it directly from Kodak.
    I'll not do that again!

    Who exactly modified their Scoopic M for the 400ft cartridge?
    The owners of what?I'd like to hear how they did it, and more importantly, how much it would cost me!
    Hey, on that topic, does anyone know where I can get it crystal synced other than Film Group?
    These guys can't really have a monopoly on this, can they?


    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    P.S. www.thefilmemporium.com comes up as a dead link for me.
    Are you sure that's right?

    ------------------

  8. #8
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    sorry Matt,
    I added (the) to the link..Duh!
    www.filmemporium.com

    What I ment was the owners of the camera's did the modification themselves..I don't remember how they did it(cause at the time I just bought an MS).I know that they replaced the film transit window in the battery compartment with the one from the MS...on the sync mod..my MS came with it(I bought it from a local rental house that went out of business)..and I just picked up a M model at an estate sale a few months ago..so I would like to switch that over If I knew how(cause I have 4 CP 400' magazines)..I don't know if TOBIN does sync mods on scoopics..I think I'll call and see about my M model.
    Let me know about your battery set up from radio shack(cause my S-12's are almost shot)

    Neil

    ------------------

  9. #9
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    I used a Scoopic once a long time ago and I hope I never have to use one again. They are worse than some S8 cameras. They don't have a mirrored shutter, interchangeable lenses and are heavy. I would stay away of them at all costs. Good Luck

    ------------------

  10. #10
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Nigel, I know what you're saying, but everything is relative.
    If I had your Arri as an option, then I wouldn't have the Scoopic either.
    But given my present situation, which is I either use a Scoopic, or I don't shoot any 16mm, this is a step in the right direction. (Until I get a CP-R, for instance).

    I just simply don't have the money for anything else. (I would rather use a Scoopic than an R-16 or K-3).

    So in spite of its shortcomings (and I'm aware of them), I'm excited.
    Given that the lens it has is a Canon 12.5-75, I'm not TOO bummed about that, since many who shoot with cameras with interchangeable lenses opt for Canon lenses anyway! (would be nice to use my Peleng 8mm though...)

    There is nothing about this camera that I'm not used to putting up with in Super 8, other than it is a little heavy, but hey, I've been working out, so no problem!

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •